A whole passel of great caricatures! Check ‘em out! Follow Brodner’s work through the rest of the Republican charade, and — I’m sure — the Democratic charade to follow. (Remember: Republican/Democratic or Republic/Democrat. Gotta choose. Can’t mix-’n-match!)
After enjoying the images, I was slapped with some really, really dumb ads. Let’s share the ads we find, via the comments. Here (gag!) is what I found:
- Yes, I am an old fart, and I do have joint pain.
- No, I’m not a young woman, and I’m smart enough not to believe in “Nature’s Secret Weapon.”
- I like looking at a beautiful female ass, even when I’m turned off by the bikini that’s covering/accentuating it. But I will never go on a cruise, and to misspell “DeLand” rots my socks!
- “New Policy”? WTF! Haven’t a clue what this is about, and don’t want to know.
- No, I do not want to feel 18 again. (I remember what that was like!) And I do not want to be a buxom 18 year old woman. I don’t like plastic bottles, either.
- Boost my testosterone 40+? (Guess I’m supposed to know the units involved. I don’t.) No thanks. Besides, I never liked doing push-ups — even when I could do them easily.
- Nothing to say about the gender-bending “Florida Drivers” hook. Except that, yes, I do live in Florida. (Remember the “DeLand” thing?)
- So a “model stare” from a woman whose hair looks as if it had been trimmed with dull hedge clippers is supposed to make me believe in too-good-to-be-true, free lunch come-on’s? (Private note to my daughter: Yes, I did consider the subjunctive. But I’m not fully convinced the statement was “contrary to fact.” Who knows? Could be the latest fad.)
- To lose weight and get in shape comes by way of discipline. Any pill that genuinely suppresses appetite while raising energy is dangerous (think “speed”); any placebo claiming to do so at a high price is a scam; and anything between the two is bad in one direction or the other.
- Nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs on earth, and I sympathize with anyone who’s been trapped by it. But I personally despise smoking. Besides, the risks vs. efficacy of these devices has never been thoroughly researched. I find this ad offensive.
But forget all that. What I most want to share is the link to the caricatures. Don’t kvetch. Just go!